Friday, January 15, 2016

SINS OF STEEL

>Twisted metal, smoke, fire, burnt rubber, live music, pretty girls, fast cars, vintage bikes. Sounds like a good time right? Well…IT WAS!!! SINS OF STEEEL (SINS) is a vintage hot rod show packed with tons of cool customs, rat rods, and gassers. The kinds of cars this show attracts are far from trailer queens. These guys pride themselves in parking their classic machine in the dirt. They do what they are supposed to do with cars, drive them. You might be asking why is Boomer talking about a hot rod show in the pages of a motorcycle mag, well in the last few years this show (SINS) has gotten bigger and with it came a new part of the show; vintage motorcycle show. I love most anything that isn’t stock. Along with custom Harleys I have some (what I’d like to think are) cool cars at my house. 55 Chevy gasser and a 1930 model A just to name a few. I started the SINS show with a few friends over 12 years ago. When most everyone walked away from the show over the years, I stayed with it. As time passed Josh, Heidi, and my wife Sandy started helping out at the show. So with everyone that was left we had an idea to add on a motorcycle show. There just aren’t a lot of quality motorcycle shows in our area so this being “Sins of Steel” why not bring bikes into it? As always I am nerved up before the show, but as the day progressed, I was very happy with the results! We always average 200 to 300 cars, and maybe a handful of bikes. This year sure was different though. We had over 75 vintage choppers, Barn finds, and full on restored show up for this year’s show! I even saw E man out there on his new panhead. My wife Sandy rode her old chop “cheap Trick” out to the show. As the day went on I started to lose track of all the cars and motorcycles piling into the show. We had all kinds of fun tearing up the track for the mini bike races, and lost some wheels at the burn out contest. The pin up contest is always top notch dubbing the winner Ms. Sin. Even had Josh and his buddy Norm dancing at the first and probably last due to crowd vote, Mr. Steel title. Its lot of work to put on the show, but what really makes it, is all the people that come out to SINS. Most of them help at the show or help spread the word about it. I like it because I see friends that I don’t get to see every day, and that’s what makes it such a great show, for both car and motorcycle guys. There is something out there for everyone from the car show, bike show, pin up girl contest, mini bike racing, model car contest, pin stripers panel jam, the live bands, old friends and new.
>~Boomer

No comments:

Post a Comment