Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dyno Dan Re-discovered

While out riding Sunday, Boomer asked me to go with him to check out a real "Hot rod". Well I'm always in to check out a cool old car, but when we showed up at this house, what I saw didn't seem that "cool". As my uncle kept talking this guy about the car, I couldn't help but wonder why he was so into this thing, until I learned the man Boomer was talking to was "Dyno" Dan. I've worked at my uncles shop since I was 16 years old, and I've heard stories of "Dyno" Dan. The guy would build crazy engines and was a master of tuning Harley Davidson motorcycle. Dan was nice enough to show me around his shop. It was full of hot rod motors he had built over the years. One was a 147ci evo motor in a Shovelhead frame. Pretty cool. His wife's bike was chopped and tuned. Looking over his work bench all you can see is NOS bottles, carbs, old pictures of him with Detroit's greats like Ron Finch. You could just see the great things Dan had done over years. Now I could see why my uncle was so into this car. Dan was telling us stories on how he drove this car to Arizona when was 14 years old! It was a really nice afternoon hanging with Dan, and listening to all the old stories. Thanks again Dyno Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment