Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vintage Finds

On Sunday Boomer, Sandy and myself, loaded in the shop van and headed out to the east coast of Michigan, to check out some bikes. A very nice lady named, Lucy, had called Boomer and told him about some bikes she came into. Well Boomer being who he is, thought it would be a nice outing for his family and maybe make some money as well. The day started out ok, I lost a dealer plate and was half asleep form being at the bar all night (good times lol). Boomer drove Sandy and I out there to pick up four bikes. When we got there, I finally woke up and was stoked!!! A kick ass 53 Pan, 80 FXE shovel, one of the prettiest Ironheads I had ever seen, and a 72 FL Shovelhead that was on a lift being made in to a crazy FL with a 103 Shovel and a Baker 6 into a 4 speed case. Lucy told us her brother had passed and he loved racing and Harleys. He had a great collection of bikes and she wanted them to go to someone that would love them as much as he had. We loaded up the FL, Ironhead. Sandy jump on the FXE and I on the pan. We hit the road. We didn't get far be for we hit a wall of rain, it was fun considering I forgot my helmet in my haze that morning. But we rode on always, as real bikers had done before us on these old bike. Riding something that was made in 1953 though rain and though cities, gave me a cool feeling of being in a different time. A simpler time, easy going, were your word was all you had and you kept it no matter what. We rode for over an hour before getting them home. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment